In this globalising and competitive business evnironment, the value of location as a business measure is fast becoming an important consideration for organisations. Geospatial Analytics with its capability to visualise, analyse and model busienss information spatially is emerging as a location intelligence tool.
Geospatial Analytics can be appplied in the following:
- Market Analaysis
- Site Selection
- Sales Territories
- Distribution and Travel Costs
- Analysis of the global environment and new export markets
Please refer to the course page for more information.
This course will provide students with an introduction to practical applications of geospatial analytics in business operations. Emphasis will be placed on:
- Locating, acquiring and integrating business data with geographical data
- Understand the principles and methodologiess of the georeferencing, geocoding and geospatial data management process
- Become familiar with conventional geographical information science and technologies, mapping science and cartographic design principles and geospatial analytics
- Explore the technologies and possibilities of geospatial web application systems
WHAT STUDENTS SAY ABOUT IS 415
"Even though I am not a analytics students, I believe this module provided a good opportunity to learn how to perform analytics. I learnt about the various kinds of data available for people to use, and how each of them can be analysed differently."
"I am able to use a new software - QGIS and RStudio."