The Enterprise Business Solutions Course presents the concepts and technology required to develop an Enterprise SOA solution using an enterprise system such as SAP. The course is intended to provide hands-on opportunity for the students to explore some of the processes in an enterprise system. The students will also learn the power of enterprise SOA and how processes can be composed from predefined services to deliver business solutions. The course will cover enterprise systems, enterprise business processes and enterprise service oriented architecture.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts of an enterprise system (e.g. SAP ECC) and how it supports a business
- Conduct a detailed walkthrough of some business processes in an enterprise system (e.g. Fulfilment)
- Configure an enterprise system (e.g. SAP ECC) for a company and execute a business process
- Analyze the relationship between some of the modules of an enterprise system in the context of a business process (e.g. influence of Procurement process on the Materials Management (MM) module in SAP ECC)
- Design and implement an enterprise SOA solution by using an appropriate enterprise system (e.g. SAP ECC) and enterprise SOA tools (e.g. SAP Netweaver)
Students are required to take/ or be exempted from taking IS 301: Enterprise Integration and IS 304: Process Modelling and Solutions Blueprinting to ensure that they have a foundation in business processes and enterprise integration technologies before being able to develop enterprise business solutions using enterprise systems such as SAP